40534 Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Securing PaaS
|DURATION||FEE (S$ before GST)|
|298 Tiong Bahru Road #08-05 Central Plaza Singapore 168730|
|9.00am to 5.00pm|
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This workshop is designed to provide exposure to many of Microsoft Azure’s PaaS security features. The goal is to show a secure end-to-end solution that addresses concerns around sensitive data, controlling access to sensitive stores of information, controlling access to production systems and enabling secure processes for developers.
The architecture includes:
•App Service Environments
•Web Application Firewall
•Azure Web Apps
•Azure API Apps
•Azure SQL DB and corresponding security features
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Before attending this course, students must have the following technical knowledge:
- Create resources and resource group in Azure.
- Manage users, groups, and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance.
- Build an Azure Virtual Machine with related resources.
- Manage containers and blobs stored in an Azure Storage account.
- Create App Service Plans and manage apps related to the plan.
- Configure an Azure Virtual Network and enable S2S and P2S connectivity.
- Protect networked application components using Network Security Groups.
- Automate everyday Azure resource tasks using Azure CLI or Azure PowerShell.
- Deploy an Azure SQL, MySQL, Postgres or Cosmos database instance.
- Monitor existing Azure solutions using built-in metrics, Application Insights, or Operational Insights.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session – Securing PaaS
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-On Lab – Securing PaaS
- Creating and securing Azure Active Directory accounts
- Securing Azure Key Vault with Azure IAM
- Azure deployments using Azure Key Vault
- Securing the web application and database
- Migrating web.config settings to azure key vault
- Securing PaaS web applications with app service environment and web application firewalls
- Securing Azure Functions with Managed Service Identities
- Creating PaaS Audit and Compliance Power BI Reports
Course Schedule21 Aug 2018 to 21 Aug 2018
05 Nov 2018 to 05 Nov 2018