NA-MOSO2013 Microsoft Outlook 2013
|DURATION||FEE (S$ before GST)|
|298 Tiong Bahru Road #08-05 Central Plaza Singapore 168730|
|9.00am to 5.00pm|
About this course
Students will learn how to use Microsoft Outlook 2013 various elements such as Mail, Calendar or Contacts to coordinate communications and collaborations with others. The user will acquire fundamental concepts and skills, building on this foundation as they increase their productivity in communication and sharing information with others.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Format email message content by using character and paragraph formatting, create or insert graphic elements, such as charts, tables, and SmartArt graphics, into messages.
- Send messages to private recipients by using the Bcc field.
- Create contact records, tasks, and appointments from incoming messages, and they set up contact groups to facilitate communication with other Outlook users Able to apply the models learnt to their full potential to fit into various industries such as finance, retail and asset management and databases.
- Personalize the Outlook program window and the Quick Access Toolbar to maximize their efficiency
- Organize messages and other Outlook items, and they display different views of mail folders and of the calendar, address book, and task list
- Display multiple calendars and share calendars with other Outlook users
Information Workers and/or Business Professionals.
Module 1: Manage the Outlook environment
- Apply and manipulate Outlook program options
- Set general, mail, calendar, tasks, notes and journal, advanced, and language options.
- Manipulate item tags
- Categorize items, set flags, set sensitivity level, mark items as read or unread, and view message properties.
- Arrange the Content pane
- Show or hide fields in a list view, change the reading view, and use the Reminders window and People pane.
- Apply search and filter tools
- Use built-in Search folders.
- Print an Outlook item
- Print attachments, calendars, multiple messages, multiple contact records, tasks, and multiple notes.
Module 2: Create and format item content
- Create and send email messages
- Specify a message theme; specify plain text, rich text, or HTML message content format; show or hide the From and Bcc fields; set a reminder for message recipients; specify the sending account; specify the sent item folder; configure message delivery options; configure voting and tracking options; and send a message to a contact group.
- Create and manage Quick Steps
- Perform, create, edit, delete, and duplicate Quick Steps, reset Quick Steps to default settings.
- Create item content
- Insert graphical elements, insert a hyperlink.
- Format item content
- Use formatting tools, apply styles, create styles and themes, use Paste Special, and format graphical elements.
- Attach content to email messages
- Attach an Outlook item, attach external files.
Module 3: Manage email messages
- Clean up the mailbox
- View mailbox size, save message attachments, save a message in an external format, ignore a conversation, and use clean-up tools.
- Create and manage rules
- Create, modify, and delete rules.
- Manage junk mail
- Allow a specific message (Not junk) and filter junk mail with Never Block Sender, Never Block Sender’s Domain, Never Block this Group or Mailing List, and Block Sender.
- Manage automatic message content
- Manage signatures, specify the font for new HTML messages, plain-text messages, specify options for replies and forwards, and set a default theme for all HTML messages, stationery, and fonts.
Module 4: Manage contacts
- Create and manipulate contacts
- Modify a default business card, forward a contact, and update a contact in the address book.
- Create and manipulate contact groups
- Create a contact group, manage contact group membership, show notes about a contact group, forward a contact group, delete a contact group, and send a meeting to a contact group.
Module 5: Manage calendar objects
- Create and manipulate appointments and events
- Set appointment options, print appointment details, forward an appointment, and schedule a meeting with a message sender.
- Create and manipulate meeting requests
- Set response options, update a meeting request, cancel a meeting or invitation, and propose a new time for a meeting.
- Manipulate the Calendar pane
- Arrange the calendar view, change the calendar color, display or hide calendars, and create a calendar group.
Module 6: Work with tasks, notes, and journal entries
- Create and manipulate tasks
- Create a task, manage task details, send a status report, mark a task as complete, move or copy a task to another folder, assign a task to another Outlook user, accept or decline a task assignment, update an assigned task, and use Current view.
- Create and manipulate notes
- Create a note, change the current view, and categorize notes.
- Create and manipulate Journal entries
- Automatically record Outlook items, automatically record files, and edit a Journal entry.