Power Pivot with Microsoft Excel
|DURATION||FEE (S$ before GST)|
|298 Tiong Bahru Road #08-05 Central Plaza Singapore 168730|
|9.00am to 5.00pm|
At Course Completion
- Create simple, elegant data models in PowerPivot.
- Use these data models to create pivot tables based on multiple tables.
- Use queries to build queries to extract, transform and load data (this used to be called Power Query, but is now integrated in Excel).
- Understand what Power BI Desktop is, and how it is the same in many ways as PowerPivot / Power Query.
- Create visualisations in Power BI Desktop (tables, charts and matrices).
- Understand how to publish Power BI Desktop reports to the cloud, and pin tiles to dashboards.
This course is designed to give students the ability to add BI techniques to Excel data analysis. The course goes beyond the capabilities of tables and charts and uses Power Pivot, Pivot Charts, the Excel Data Model, and briefly introduces Power BI.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets including formulas, charts, filtering, sorting, and sub-totals.
- Basic knowledge of data analytics using Excel including Pivot Table, Pivot Charts.
Module 1 An Introduction to advanced features in Microsoft Excel
Module 2 An Introduction to Power Query and Power Pivot
Module 3 Data transformation using Power Query
Module 4 Data modelling in Power Pivot
Module 5 Creating Report
Module 6 Interface with Power BI