PVT-PALD Pivotal Platform Acceleration Lab for Developers (Java)
|DURATION||FEE (S$ before GST)|
|298 Tiong Bahru Road #08-05 Central Plaza Singapore 168730|
|9.00am to 5.00pm|
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Experience best practices building applications in a hands-on setting with Pivotal educators and consultants. The program is focused on enabling customers and partners through “doing it” rather than “talking about it”.
The PAL teaches developers and architects how to build and architect software and covers the following topics; Pivotal Cloud Foundry, greenfield development, and end state reference architectures.
This course prepares students for the Platform Acceleration Lab certification exam. Certification exams are sold separately.
Upon completion of this course, participants will understand how to implement the following:
- Understand what Cloud Foundry is, and how it runs apps
- Learn about key app-centric Cloud Foundry constructs: app, manifest, buildpack, service instance, binding, domain, route, environment variables
- Experience common impediments to running an app on Cloud Foundry, and overcome them
- Learn how to identify, codify, and make use of reusable patterns for building applications. Understand distributed system development/ architectures.
- Learn how to evolve monolithic apps (i.e. understand when and how to break out microservices from the monolith)
Developers and Lead Developers.
Experience building and deploying modern software; i.e. TDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring. Familiarity with design patterns, domain driven design, component-based architecture, and evolutionary architecture.
Experience developing apps using: Java 6 and above, Java Enterprise Edition, Java/ Spring.
MODULE 1: BEST PRACTICES / ARCHITECTURE
- 12-Factor applications
- Evolutionary Architecture
- Test First Development (TDD)
MODULE 2: PIVOTAL CLOUD FOUNDRY CONCEPTS
- Organizations and Spaces
- Users and Roles
- Domains and Routes
- Environment variables
MODULE 3: CONTINUOUS DELIVERY / INTEGRATION
- Build Pipelines
MODULE 4: MICROSERVICES
- Organization Alignment
- Service Versioning
- Service Reuse
MODULE 5: SPRING CLOUD SERVICES
- Service Discovery
- Service Configuration
- Cascading Failures
- Service Security
- Service Monitoring