SE-AF Agile Fundamentals
|DURATION||FEE (S$ before GST)|
|To be advised|
|9.00am to 5.00pm|
ABOUT THIS COURSE
NetAssist offers ICAgile-accredited courses, in partnership with SoftEd, an ICAgile Member Training Organization.
If you’re new to the Agile world and need a solid introduction to the Agile way of thinking, and doing – this course is a perfect fit.
This course examines the roles and responsibilities of team members working on Agile projects. It delves into the specific practices which are used on Agile projects, explains the theory and concepts behind the Agile approach, and prepares you to work confidently and eﬀectively in an Agile environment.
By the end of this course you will be able to understand:
- The background to participating in an Agile project
- The roles and responsibilities of a typical Agile project team
- The various tools available to Agile teams to facilitate the project
- How Agile teams cooperate and collaborate to deliver business value
- The important interpersonal skills Agile environments encourage and foster
- How discipline and standards contribute to agility
- Team members starting out in Agile projects
- Project managers entering the Agile environment
- Managers of teams involved in Agile development
A willingness to challenge traditional thinking and a desire to deliver outcomes for the organisation.
- The genesis of Agile – where these approaches came from and why they work
- The Agile lifecycle and iterations
- Roles on an Agile project
- The phases of an Agile project
- Project initiation activities – making sure we start right, focus on value, and build the right product
- User stories
- Agile tools – big visible charts, things on walls, velocity, burn-up and burn-down
- The ‘pulse’ of an Agile project
- Agile without iterations – Kanban flow
- Supporting tools
- Testing on Agile projects
- Design and development practices in an Agile setting – test driven development, continuous integration, refactoring, pair programming, simple design
- Project leadership roles and responsibilities, how to nurture self-organisation
- Working effectively in empowered teams
- Listening and collaboration skills
- Dealing with issues and conflict in the team
- Where to from here?