ZNK-GIT Git Training
|DURATION||FEE (S$ before GST)|
|298 Tiong Bahru Road #08-05 Central Plaza Singapore 168730|
|9.00am to 5.00pm|
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Git is one of the most popular Distributed Version Control Systems (DVCS).
Created by Linus Torvald to manage the versioning of the source code of the Linux kernel, this tool is fast, efficient and lightweight.
Allowing you to manage large projects with extreme flexibility in the contribution workflow, Git has established itself as one of the most popular tools in the OpenSource world. The Eclipse foundation has organized a migration plan over several years to migrate its projects to Git.
This one has therefore become a not-to-be-missed domain DVCS and its use in business keeps increasing.
There is no prerequisite for this course.
Module 1: Version Control
- Fundamental concepts of version control
Module 2: DVCS principles
- What does decentralization bring?
- Operational principle
- Branch, repository, merge, rebase and all DVCS concepts
Module 3: What is Git?
- History of Git
- How Git Works
- Git objects: blob, tree, commit, and tag
- The index or staging area
Module 4: Installation and configuration
Module 5: Day-to-day use
- Creating/Cloning a repository
- Viewing the status of the work tree
- Viewing and saving changes
- Browsing Revision History
Module 6: Working with repositories and branches
- Create a branch
- Working with branches: merge and rebase
- Updating a repository
- Exporting a repository
- Working with remote repositories
Module 7: Additional tools from the Git ecosystem
- Git-gui and TortoiseGit to navigate graphically
- Gitweb, web interface for Git
- GitHub, The Git collaboration platform
- Gerrit to manage code reviews