Recently, the researchers at Gartner released their latest analysis report of Top IT Trends for 2015 for the strategic business development for any organization. With the ever changing cutting edge technology, it is very important for businesses to keep updated with the latest developments in the field of research & innovation and early adoption will be the key success driver. The easiest way to retain the competitive spirit is to follow the latest trends in the industry. When Tech Giants like Gartner analyze that strategic technology trend will create a significant impact on the overall development of an organization, it is best to prioritize these findings for the next 3 years for pursuing excellence and growth.
According to the report, the top 10 trends for 2015 are broadly based on 3 themes:
- The merging of the real and virtual worlds,
- The advent of intelligence everywhere,
- The technology impact of the digital business shift.
- Computing Everywhere: As ubiquitous computing has grown enormously in the past few years due to rise in smart phones, year 2015 will call for serving the needs of the users in various contexts and environments focusing on rich UX designs. According to the report, it would be challenging for the IT organizations to manage users end devices, they definitely need to gather the expertise.
- Internet of Things (IoT): In Gartner’s list for last 4 years, it reemphasizes on the way data streams and services can be digitized for better interconnection between devices and products focusing on the basic usage models – Manage, Monetize, Operate and Extend.
- 3D Printing: The demand for 3D Printing devices will double by 2016 as the industrial use will increase significantly. New industrial, biomedical and consumer applications will continuously prove that it is a viable and cost effective means of producing improved designs and prototypes.
- Advanced, Pervasive and Invisible Analytics: Definitely Data Analytics takes a center stage in 2015 as vast amount of structured and unstructured data is generated by IoT, embedded systems etc. Every app needs to be running an analysis at the background to provide automated smarter solutions. There is a great demand for systematic approach to extract right information for right person at the right time.
- Context Rich Systems: With so much ubiquity due to embedded technology, the systems have to deliver a target response appropriately depending on user’s specifications. This will lead to more context-aware security applications where depending on users requests, system can change its security options and provide appropriate results.
- Smart machines: Artificial Intelligence and Context Rich systems together with advanced algorithms and deep analytics will lead to smarter systems that will learn and act on its own. It will generate new age machine helpers of advanced robots, autonomous vehicles, virtual PA’s etc.
- Cloud/Client Computing: Year 2015 will see more synchronization between centrally coordinated applications residing in cloud that could be accessed across various devices spanning to multiple clients. The bandwidth cost for the apps that use storage and intelligence of the clients’ device will reduce as everything will be managed in the cloud.
- Software-Defined Applications and Infrastructure: Software of intelligent devices will be able to work dynamically to changing demands of digital business. Software defined networks, storage, data center, and security are all configurable and managed on cloud through rich API calls.
- Web-Scale IT: Year 2015 will witness more enterprises scale their Web presence by think, act and develop applications like bigger giants Amazon or Facebook using more cloud-optimized and software-defined approaches.
- Risk-Based Security and Self Protection: More sophisticated risk assessment and mitigation tools will be developed for application self-protection together with its active context aware security design and static and dynamic security testing techniques.
To read more about Gartners’ Top Trend in 2015, click here.
Here at NetAssist we have seen a tremendous demand for technologies like Private Cloud, Azure, Office- 365, Power BI, and System Centre in the last few months. These software technologies aim at increasing the scalability of the applications by providing more ease of usage across multiple devices, providing better analysis and systematic approach for development of applications. It highly coincides with the Gartner’s views for 2015 trends.NetAssist’s success hugely lies in its ability to provide latest up to date training with top-notch trainers from the industry; it is ready to face the challenges of frequently changing tech world. Get to meet our trainers and invited industry experts who will share more about selected IT trends in our monthly <Power Trends & Knowledge Series>. Check here to see our next <Power Trends & Knowledge Series> session. Click here to participate in our “Vote For 2015 Top Tech Trends” Contest.