PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
We at NetAssist Services Pte Ltd (NSPL) value the relationship we have with you, and recognise the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us. We believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
NSPL manages your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA). The PDPA governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal data by private organisations. It contains various obligations relating to the protection of personal data (DP Provisions) and Do Not Call registry (DNC Provisions).
This PDP Policy supplements but does not supersede or replace any other consent you may have provided us previously. Please take some time to read and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your personal data.
Your Personal Data
Personal Data (PD) is defined as data, whether true or not, which can identify an individual. Your personal data refers to any information relating to you that we have obtained in the course, and as a result of, providing our goods and services to you. The types of personal data that we collect about you may include:
- NRIC/FIN/Passport number
- telephone numbers
- mailing address
- personal email address
- employment records, education background and income levels
- medical records
- payment related information like bank account or credit card information
- video and CCTV footage
You may have provided the personal data to us personally or authorised other individuals to provide the personal data to us. These individuals could be your superiors, subordinates, colleagues, employees and your family members.When you give us personal data about other individuals, (eg. spouse, children, parents and referees) you confirm that you are authorised to disclose and consent, on their behalf, to the processing of their personal data.
You should ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate and up-to-date. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
Purposes for Collection, Use, Disclosure and Processing of Personal Data
Generally, we collect, use, disclose and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Responding to your enquiries regarding our courses, vouchers and/or tests, and any other services we may offer.
- Processing orders and administering your accounts with us.
- To evaluate and improve our services to you.
- Offering you updated marketing and promotional packages you can benefit from, including products and services offered by our selected partners.
- To evaluate application for employment within NSPL.
- To assess your performance, administer benefits and payroll processing.
- To conduct due diligence/background checks that are mandated by legislation or our internal policies and practice.
- Receiving feedback and dealing with complaints.
- Security clearance/entry access into our premises to attend training and/or testing.
We will take reasonable steps to protect your PD against unauthorised disclosure. We do not sell or rent personal data that we collect from you to any 3rd parties. In general, we will not disclose your personal data to 3rd parties without your consent. However, we may disclose your personal data to 3rd parties without your consent in some situations, including, without limitation, the following:
- To medical, insurance and financial institutions for the purpose of claims and payment.
- Collection or refund due or payable upon request.
- To our professional advisors such as auditors and lawyers.
- Where disclosure is required or authorised based on the applicable laws and/or regulations.
- In an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual.
- For any investigation or proceedings.
- For a public agency or if such disclosure is in the public interest.
- Where disclosure is permitted without your consent by the PDPA or by law.
When you interact with us on our websites, we may collect and analyse anonymised information to track information such as the number of users and frequency of use, the number of page views, profiles of users and their preferred sites. This is for us to help enhance your experience with NSPL. You may set your browser to decline cookies. If you do so, you may not be able to fully experience some interactive features of our website.Protection and Security of Personal Data
We employ a range of technology and physical security arrangements to protect against accidental or unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, deletion and other similar risks to your personal data. Some ways we protect personal data include:
- External and internal premises security.
- Restricting access of data only to staff who need it to perform their day to day functions.
- Maintaining technology products such as requiring identifiers and passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software
- Testing our systems periodically to ensure that security is not compromised in any way.
- Maintaining physical security over paper records like locked cabinets.
- Disposing of personal data securely when no longer needed.
NSPL will only retain personal data for as long as is required for the purposes described in this policy, for our business and legal purposes, and as required by law.Request for Access of Personal Data
You may request for information on what personal data of yours we have, how we have used and shared your personal data during the last year before the date of your request. We will require a formal written request from you to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) through our contact details given below.We will provide you with the relevant personal data within 30 calendar days from receipt of the request. We may refuse access in a number of circumstances, such as where the personal data relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict your access, we will explain why as required by applicable laws.We may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the cost of handling and processing your request to access your personal data.Request for Correction or Updating of Personal Data
To correct or update your personal data, please send your request to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) through the contact details given below. We will endeavour to correct or update your personal data within 7 days of receipt of your request. As it is important to us that your personal data is accurate and complete, we may request for supporting documentation from you.There may be circumstances where we will not correct or update your personal data, including:
- Opinion data that is kept solely for evaluative purpose(s).
- Data related to legal proceedings that have not been completed.
You may withdraw your consent for NSPL to collect, use, disclose and process your personal data at any time. Please send your request to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) through the contact details given below. We will cease to use and/or disclose your personal data within 30 days of your request.If you withdraw your consent for your personal data to be used for marketing purposes, this will not affect our ability to provide you with our products and services.If you withdraw your consent for your personal data to be used for administering to your account, please note that we will not be able to process, administer and/or manage your account with us. We will then need to terminate our business with you as we will no longer be able to service you.Complaint Process
If you have any concerns, feedback or complaints about how we are handling your personal data or complying with the PDPA, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) through the contact details given below and we will take the relevant steps to address your concerns.If you are submitting your complaint via email or letter, please indicate at the subject header “PDPA Complaint” so that we can attend to your complaint promptly by engaging the relevant staff in our organisation to handle it. We will strive to attend to any complaint speedily and fairly.How to Contact Us
If at any time, you have any queries relating to how we manage, protect and/or process your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) below:Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone No.: 62722662Office address
298 Tiong Bahru Road #08-02/03/05 Central Plaza Singapore 168730Operating hours
8.30am to 5.30 pm, Mondays to Fridays, excluding Public HolidaysRight to Amend our PDP Policy
NSPL may from time to time update this PDP Policy to ensure that it is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. We reserve the right to amend and update portions of this policy at any time and without prior notice to you. Any changes to this policy will be published on this website. Please review this policy from time to time so that you are aware of any changes and updates to this notice.